Master of Science, abbreviated as MS, is an advanced level PG degree that is offered by esteemed and prestigious science & research colleges in India.
Master of Science course is offered in two major domains: Engineering and Management, the duration of which can be between 1.5 to 3 years in a full-time mode.
The eligibility criteria for a Master of Science degree is a minimum of 50-60% marks in the UG level, along with a valid GATE score to get admission to the Master of Science course. Students can also apply after successfully completing their CSIR/UGC NET exam.
Master of Science Course Highlights
||Master of Science (MS)
||Based on Entrance Exams
||INR 1-25 Lakhs
||Research Scientist, Research Fellow, Project Fellow, Research Associate, Management Consultant etc.
||INR 9-15 LPA
||Government Research Institutes, Private Companies, Colleges
Why Study a Master of Science Course?
- A Master of Science degree opens a variety of paths for the students who are pursuing this course. Your subject knowledge and your research skills in your specialization advance as you move forward with the course, as it includes training and guidance at the international level.
- Other than this, only top-class research institutes in India offer this course which is a great deal for any research sector enthusiast.
- After the master of science, there is no lack of relevant opportunities since the government is sponsoring a number of research projects with respect to the environment, technology, management, biotechnology and much more.
- With the increasing demand of people in the R&D industry, skilled professionals are needed to sustain and carry on with the projects and research, therefore the chances of unemployment or recession are very likely.
- The average salary that you can expect after completing your Master of Science degree depends upon the type of organization in which you seek employment. In the govt sector, you will be paid as per the standards which are already set.
- In private industries, the chances of getting a higher paying job at mid-level are more frequent than in govt. The salary package and remuneration can be as high as INR 10 LPA after 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- After the course completion, students prefer to go for doctoral studies and pursue PhD mostly from top colleges in India or from abroad in countries like USA, Canada, and Australia. There are many national and international scholarship opportunities that an aspirant can apply for. Many colleges provide financial assistance in terms of a stipend of around 18,000- 20,000 USD so that they can support themselves while concentrating on their PhD work.
Colleges for Admission in MD or Doctor of Medicine
Dr. DY Patil Medical College Hospital and Research Centre (DYPMC) was established in 1996 in Pune, Maharashtra. The college is affiliated to Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune.
Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) Medical College, Pune was established in February 1989 and is renowned for its academic excellence and infrastructural facilities. It was initially affiliated to the University of Pune till it became a constituent unit of Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) in April 1996.
Kashibai Navale Medical College and General Hospital is run by the Sinhgad Technical Education Society which was formed in the year 1993.
Maharashtra Institute of Medical Education and Research is a medical college located in Talegaon, Pune, Maharashtra, India. The institute is recognized by the Medical Council of India and is under the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.
D.Y Patil Medical College is a medical institution established by the D.Y Educational Society, Kohlapur (a Deemed University). Established in the year 2005 the college offers courses in the medical field including MBBS at graduate level and MD/MS/PG Diploma at post graduate level. As a constituent institution of D.Y Patil University the college is accredited by NAAC and recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Bharati Vidyapeeth University Medical College & Hospital, Sangli or BVDU Medical College, Sangli is a Medical college located in Sangli, Maharashtra. This institute is the constituent college of Bharati Vidyapeeth.
Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences “Deemed To Be University”, Karad is located in Western Maharashtra, India. University is accredited by various accrediting agencies for its quality sustenance, enrichment, and enhancement in academics and healthcare services.
Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed to be University) was granted the status of Deemed to be University by University Grants Commission, on 24th May, 2005.
SMBT Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre (SMBT Medical College Nashik) is a newly established private medical college that was founded in the year 2014. The college is registered with the Medical Council of India.
The Mahatma Gandhi Mission Medical College Aurangabad was established in the year 1990. It has grown into a research university. The college is affiliated to the MGM Institute of Health Sciences, which is a Deemed University, located at Navi Mumbai.
Dr. Vithalrao Vikhe Patil Medical College was established at Vilad Ghat, Ahmednagar in 2004. The College offers undergraduate course in Medicine (MBBS) with an intake of 150 students per year. The institute is recognized by Medical Council of India, New Delhi in December, 2008 and is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre were established in the year 2004 by the SRM group. It is a part of the SRM Institute of Science and Technology.
NIMS Medical College and Hospital was established in the year 2004 as per MCI norms. The recognition was given for MBBS degree by MCI in the year 2009. It is a constituent College of NIMS University.
Pacific Medical College & Hospital is a unit of Tirupati Balaji Educational Trust.
American International Institute of Medical Sciences, Bedwas is a College & Institute in Rajasthan. It was established in 2016 and the institute is affiliated to Rajasthan University of Health Sciences.
Geetanjali Medical College is a private medical college located in the city of Udaipur, Rajasthan. The college is attached to the Geetanjali Hospital and affiliated with the Geetanjali University.
The Ananta Charitable Educational Society, Udaipur proposes to establish a state-of-art medical college and a well equipped hospital at Rajsamand, Rajasthan in the Name of Ananta Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre.
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute is an on-campus constituent college of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (Deemed University), Pondicherry under the Faculty of Medicine and ranks 23rd among Medical Institutions in India as per NIRF 2018.
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences was born in the year 2006 with a vision to establish a multispecialty hospital in Agaram Village of Puducherry.
Sri Venkateswara Medical College Hospital and Research Centre (SVMCH&RC) is a private medical college and hospital located in Puducherry, India. The institution is recognized by the Medical Council of India, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Government of India, and the Government of Puducherry. It is affiliated with Pondicherry University.